Version 3 transaction relay is a proposal to allow transactions to opt-in to a modified set of transaction relay policies designed to prevent pinning attacks. Combined with package relay, these policies help enable the use of dynamic feerates with LN onchain transactions.
This topic description is a stub. We would welcome a pull request providing more background information about the topic.
Primary code and documentation
Optech newsletter and website mentions
- 2022 year-in-review: v3 transaction relay
- Ephemeral anchors implementation as proposed extension to v3 transaction relay policy
- Comparing disabling non-replaceable transactions to disabling special v3 transaction relay rules
- Ephemeral anchors proposal built on v3 transaction relay proposal
- Proposed new transaction relay policies designed for LN-penalty