Wallet labels are descriptions of addresses, transactions, and other information which help a user understand their past transaction history. Labels are not communicated to parties unrelated to the address or transaction, and they’re not stored in any public information source (like the block chain).
This topic description is a stub. We would welcome a pull request providing more background information about the topic.
Primary code and documentation
Optech newsletter and website mentions
- BIPs #1452 updates BIP329 with a new optional spendable tag
- Nunchuk wallet adds BIP329 wallet label export
- BIPs #1412 updates BIP329 wallet label export with support for key origin information
- BTCPay Server #4799 allows export wallet labels as specified in BIP329
- Sparrow’s 1.7.2 release adds BIP329 import and export
- BIPs #1383 assigns BIP329 to the proposal for a standard wallet label export format