Silent payments are a type of payment that can be made to a unique onchain address for every payment even though the receiver provided the spender with a reusable (offchain) address. This helps improve privacy.
This topic description is a stub. We would welcome a pull request providing more background information about the topic.
Primary code and documentation
Optech newsletter and website mentions
- Proposal to add expiration metadata to silent payment addresses
- Bitcoin Core PR Review Club summary of #28122 adding silent payments
- Draft BIP for silent payments
- Summaries of Bitcoin Core developers in-person meeting
- 2022 year-in-review: silent payments
- BIPs #1349 adds BIP351 for a payment protocol inspired by silent payments
- Updated silent payments PR
- Updated alternative to BIP47 reusable payment codes compared to silent payments
- Silent payments proposed