Coinjoin is a trustless protocol for mixing UTXOs from multiple owners in order to make it difficult for outside parties to use the block chain’s transaction history to determine who owns which coin.
Named after a 2013 proposal by Gregory Maxwell, several independent implementations have provided support for various forms of coinjoin.
Primary code and documentation
Optech newsletter and website mentions
- 2019-09-04 Simple Non-Interactive Coinjoin with Keys for Encryption Reused (SNICKER)
- 2019-07-31 Fidelity bonds for imporoved sybil resistance in distributed coinjoin
- 2018-09-25 Question about Wasabi coinjoin mixing and exchange blacklisting
- 2018-09-04 Sighash updates that can help hardware wallets participate in coinjoins
- 2018-08-07 BLS signatures library possibly useful for non-interactive coinjoins
- 2018-07-10 CoinjoinXT presentation