Also covering Pay-to-EndPoint, Bustapay, and BIP79
Payjoin is a technique for paying someone while including one of their inputs in the payment in order to enhance the privacy of the spender, the receiver, and Bitcoin users in general. The general idea is also known under the names Pay-to-EndPoint (P2EP) and Bustapay.
By including inputs from both the spender and the receiver, payjoin makes it difficult for block chain analysis companies to determine which inputs and outputs belong to each participant.
Optech newsletter and website mentions
- 2020-06-03 Discussion about payjoin and its history
- 2020-06-03 Comparison of payjoin privacy to coinswap privacy
- 2020-04-22 BTCPay adds support for sending and receiving payjoined payments
- 2019-01-29 Mailing list discussion about BIP79 Bustapay
- 2018-12-28 2018 year-in-review: Pay-to-EndPoint (P2EP)
- 2018-09-18 Bustapay discussion (simplified alternative to P2EP)
- 2018-08-14 Pay-to-EndPoint (P2EP) proposed