Segregated witness (segwit) was a soft fork that activated in 2017.
This topic description is a stub. We would welcome a pull request providing more background information about the topic.
Primary code and documentation
Optech newsletter and website mentions
- BIPs #947 updates the BIP325 specification of signet to allow segwit-style virtual transactions
- Bitcoin Core #18044 adds support for announcing and requesting transactions by their segwit wtxid
- BIPs #933 adds BIP339 for transaction relay announcement using segwit wtxids
- Fee overpayment attack on multi-input segwit transactions
- Question: Are there still miners or mining pools which refuse to implement SegWit?
- Bitcoin Core #15846 relays and mines transactions paying any segwit address version
- Bitcoin Core #14039 causes Bitcoin Core to reject legacy transactions encoded as segwit
- Bitcoin Core #14811 updates the getblocktemplate RPC to require that the segwit flag be passed
- Temporary reduction in segwit block production
- Bitcoin Core #14454 adds support to the importmulti RPC for segwit addresses and scripts