Also covering Libminisketch
Minisketch is a library implementing an algorithm that allows efficient set reconcilliation of announcements in gossip protocols, such as those used in Bitcoin and LN.
The type of set reconcilliation provided by minisketch underlies the proposed Erlay improvement to Bitcoin transaction relay efficiency.
Minisketch should not be confused with miniscript, a system for helping wallets create and implement bitcoin security policies.
Primary code and documentation
Optech newsletter and website mentions
- Research into interaction between LN rate limiting and minisketch gossiping
- New LN gossip wire protocol proposal designed for use with minisketch
- 2018 year-in-review: research into reducing transaction relay data
- Minisketch library released with implications for Bitcoin and LN
- Researching bandwidth-efficient set reconciliation protocol