Also covering BIP156
Dandelion is a privacy-enhancement proposal to allow transactions to first propagate serially from one node to one other node before being broadcast from one node to all of its peers.
This propagation behavior would help hide which node originated the transaction, especially if some of the nodes involved in the initial serial relay (“stem phase”) encrypted their Bitcoin protocol traffic using either Tor or something like v2 P2P transport.
Primary code and documentation
Optech newsletter and website mentions
- 2019-06-05 Erlay comaptible with BIP156
- 2019-02-19 PRs that need more review or development
- 2019-01-29 What’s the BIP156 hold-up in Bitcoin Core?
- 2018-12-28 2018 year-in-review notable developments: BIP156 Dandelion
- 2018-08-21 Dandelion DoS-resistant stem routing being researched
2018-07-03 Discussion of Dandelion route selection