Also covering SIGHASH_ANYPREVOUT
SIGHASH_NOINPUT and SIGHASH_ANYPREVOUT are proposals for a signature hash (sighash) where the identifier for the UTXO being spent is not signed, allowing the signature to be used with any UTXO that’s protected by a similar script (i.e. uses the same public keys).
A noinput-style sighash is necessary for the proposed eltoo layer for LN.
Primary code and documentation
Optech newsletter and website mentions
- 2019-10-09 Continued discussion of noinput/anyprevout
- 2019-05-29 Criticism of
SIGHASH_ANYPREVOUTand a generic alternative
- 2019-05-21 New proposed
- 2019-03-19 Discussion about increasing
- 2019-02-19 Tagging outputs to increase safety of
- 2018-12-28 2018 year-in-review:
- 2018-11-27 Proposal included additional data in sighashes
- 2018-10-09 Discussion of the evolution of script:
- 2018-07-17 Renaming of