Proof of payment is a cryptographic proof that a payment was made. The proof may indicate the identity (such as public key) of the payer and the recipient, and it may commit to additional payment details (such as a detailed invoice), but not all types of proofs provide those features.
This topic description is a stub. We would welcome a pull request providing more background information about the topic.
Optech newsletter and website mentions
- BTCPay Server #4782 adds proof of payment on the receipt page for each payment
- Safety notes about CLN
signinvoiceRPC providing false proof of payment when misused
- LN async proof of payment
- Request for proof that an async payment was accepted
- LND adds support for AMP-based spontaneous payments, combining systems without proof of payment
- Using LN offers and proof of payment to partly address stuck payments